How Bob’s Keywords works
Bob’s Keywords is a tool that analyses your Search Query data (in combination with your other data, like Organic Searches, Negative Keywords and Your Keywords) and helps you to find Negative Keywords that are wasting your budget.
In simple terms, Bob’s Keywords digests your Search Query Report in a way that makes it easy for you to understand how each search term (or sequence of terms – N-Grams) are being used in searches that are triggering your Ads. Which ones of these search terms are impacting your campaign negatively? You can use these search terms as Negative Keywords to improve your Ads results and save a lot of money.
Let’s have a look at some searches extracted from a Search Query Report:
Searches with some conversion
- computer speakers
- speakers for the computer
- computer audio speakers
- usb portable speaker for computer and laptops
Searches with no conversion
- goldengulf 10 inch mini laptop netbook android computer
- cases & bags computer accessories
- best speakers for computer
- portable mini computer speakers
- android notebook computer
- fix my computer speaker
For you to uncover negative keywords candidates from this list, you need to ask some questions, like:
- which search terms are generating clicks that are not converging?
- which search terms are generating impressions but no clicks?
- which search terms are converting but below a certain threshold?
- which search terms co-occur with my paid keywords that generate impressions and/or clicks but not conversions?
- which search terms with very few impressions/clicks but no conversions?
If you sell computers and speakers but don’t fix them or sell cases or bags, we can quickly identify Negative Keywords Candidates in our small list. But when you need to deal with Search Query reports with thousands of rows (20K, 30K and even 50K rows or more), things can get a bit hairy, and our questions above get very hard to answer, for example, finding and analysing co-occurring terms.
When you try to find these negative keywords through a manual process, some terms with low impressions/clicks and no conversions can easily be neglected. You can be wasting a considerable part of your budget with these keywords.
Bob’s Keywords is here to help you find these Negative Keyword Candidates quickly and effectively, saving you precious time and money.